YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
MARCH 7, 2016 - 7:00 PM
PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
There will be an Executive Session at 6:00 PM.
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Board President's Report - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- I would like to announce that the Personnel Committee met on March 1, 2016 in Executive Session as permitted by Section 707 of the Sunshine Act for the purpose of discussing matters of personnel, including an employee resignation. No official action was taken.
- I would like to announce that the Board met prior to this meeting on March 7, 2016 in Executive Session as permitted by Section 707 of the Sunshine Act for the purpose of discussing matters of personnel, including employee evaluation, collective bargaining and employee resignation. No official action was taken.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
Elementary School Division Report - Planning, Instruction and Student Learning - Dr. Grove, Dr. Gulley
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on March 21
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the bid to ___ in the amount of $___ for the Middle School Kitchen/Dining and Secure entrance project.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the bid to ___ in the amount of $___ for the High School Sidewalk project.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the architectural contract with Core Design Group for the Security Renovations at East York Elementary School in the amount of $26,350.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the architectural contract with Core Design Group for the Security Renovations at Indian Rock Elementary School in the amount of $20,670.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the contract for Mixed-Up Productions in the amount of $1,000 for disc jockey services at the High School prom to be held May 21, 2016 at Wyndham Garden.
- Informational Items
2016-17 Budget Update
- Student Board Representative Report - Elizabeth Huh
- Committee Reports - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Facilities Committee - Mrs. Freireich
- The minutes of January 21 are provided.
- From committee will come a discussion on a third option for a secure vestibule for East York Elementary School.
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
The minutes of November 23 and January 27 are provided.
- Personnel Committee - Ms. Bates
- The minutes of January 5 are provided.
- The Personnel Committee will be recommending approval of the high school administration realignment, effective July 1, 2016 to include a split of the Assistant Principal / Athletic Director position into two full time positions: Assistant Principal and Athletic Director. The committee further recommends the elimination of the position of Assistant Athletic Director.
- Policy Review Committee - Mr. Thoman
- The minutes of January 26 are provided.
- The Policy Review Committee will be recommending approval of the following revisions to Policies and Board Operating Guidelines (BOG).
- 006.1 Attendance at Meetings Via Electronic Communications
- 007 Policy Manual Access
- 009 Policy Development
- 011 Principles for Governance and Leadership (replacing York Suburban School Board Statement of Principles)
- 217 Graduation Requirements
- 003-BOG-1 Development of Board Procedures/Policy
- 003-BOG-2 Board Procedure/Policy Development Process
- 003-BOG-3 Policy Deliberation Questions
- 003-BOG-4 Board Exception to Board Policy/Administrative Guideline
- 003-BOG-5 Request for Exception to Board Policy
- 003-BOG-6 Request for Exception to Administrative Guideline
- 004.1-BOG-1 Student Representative to School Board
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Robinson
The "...by Dawn's Early Light" Highlights of the LIU Board Meeting of March 1 is provided.
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
The YCST Joint Operating Committee Mini-Board Report of February 25 is provided.
- Board Meeting and Committee Schedule
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.