YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
JANUARY 11, 2016 - 7:00 PM
PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Board President's Report - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- The Board met in Executive Session on December 21, 2015 following the Regularly Monthly Meeting for the purpose of discussing personnel and/or legal matters.
- PSBA Principles for Governance and Leadership
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- District Affiliated Report - YS Dollars for Scholars - Stephanie Sullivan, President, will provide a report on the work of this organization.
- York Academy Regional Charter School Renewal
- 2016-17 Calendar DRAFT
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher Needs - The Administration will be seeking Board approval for the addition of teaching services to manage the growth in ESL by contracting services with the LIU for a 0.25 full-time equivalent (FTE) teacher. This will cost the District approximately $20,000 which has been budgeted.
- Superintendent Survey Report
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on January 25
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the IRS Mileage Reimbursement Rate of $.54 per mile for the 2016 calendar year. The rate for the 2015 calendar year was $.575.
- The Administration submits the proposed York Adams Academy 2016-17 General Operating Budget for consideration and approval.
- The Administration submits the proposed 2016-17 York County School of Technology Budget for consideration and approval.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the Agreement with Cummins Power Systems, LLC for District wide preventive maintenance services for back-up generators for a total cost of $4,336.
- The Administration recommends Board approval of the Proposed Preliminary Budget and the Resolution for the 2016-17 Budget and authorization to file for the Act 1 Referendum Exception for Retirement. The Preliminary Budget Proposal assumes the District will receive approval for the use of one Act 1 real estate tax referendum exception. Until the Final Budget for 2016-17 is approved, the Administration will continue to review and revise the budget.
- Informational Items
- Annual Update for RBC Capital Markets - Kenneth Phillips
- 2016-17 Budget Update
- Student Board Representative Report - Elizabeth Huh
- Committee Reports - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Academic Standards & Curriculum Committee - Mrs. Schroeder
The minutes of November 11 are provided.
- Communications Committee - Ms. Shaffer
Reminder - State of the District/Community Budget Meeting - Tuesday, January 19 - 7:00 PM - Valley View Elementary School
- Personnel Committee - Ms. Bates
- The minutes of November 18 are provided.
- Reminder - Breakfast with the Board - Thursday, January 14 - 7:00 AM - Middle School Library
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Robinson
The "...by Dawn's Early Light" highlights of the LIU Board Meeting of January 5 is provided.
- York Adams Academy - Mrs. Freireich
- York County School Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
- Board Meeting and Committee Schedule
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.
AN EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE HELD IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE MEETING.