YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
FEBRUARY 9, 2015 - 7:00 PM
RONALD H. PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- General Business
Call to Order - Mr. Miller
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Roll Call
- Board President's Report
- Executive Session. The Board met in Executive Session on January 26, 2014 following the Regular Monthly Meeting for the purpose of discussing personnel and/or legal issues.
- Meeting Cancellations. Mr. Miller will discuss with the Board the parameters to be used for the cancellation of meetings due to inclement weather.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Merkle
- District Affiliated Report - YS All-Sports Boosters. Carol Kauffman, President, will provide a brief report on the work of this organization.
- State of the District Mid-Year Report. The State of the District has been posted on the website for two weeks. Dr. Merkle will present a supplement to the original.
- Business Office Report - Ms. Mason
- Items being recommended for approval on February 23
- Solicitation of Bids for High School Secure Entrance Renovation
- Extension of Agreement with Wellspan Health for Sports Medicine and Medical Services
- Awarding of bid for the Indian Rock Roof Project
- Awarding of bid for the Track Resurfacing Project
- Informational Item
All Sports Booster Club - Donation of $2,100 for Tennis Ball Machines
- Student Board Representative Report - Jessica Renjilian
- Committee Reports - Mr. Miller
- Finance Committee - Mr. Posenau
The minutes of January 7 are provided.
- Policy Review Committee - Ms. Bates.
Policy Revisions. The Policy Review Committee reviewed the following policies and will recommend Board approval at the meeting on February 23:
- Delete 327 - Management Team / 527 - Mid-Level Supervisors
- 335 - Family and Medical Leaves
- 336 - Personal Necessity Leave
- 337 - Vacation
- 338 - Sabbatical Leave
- 338.1 - Professional Development Leave
- 338.2 - Classroom Occupational Exchange Leave
- 339 - Uncompensated Leave
- 340 - Responsibility for Student Welfare
- 341 - Benefits for Part-Time Employees
- 342 - Jury Duty
- 343 - Paid Holidays
- Delete 346/446/546 - Wage Continuation
- 347 - Workers' Compensation Transitional Return-To-Work Program
- 348 - Unlawful Harassment
- 348 - Attachment
- 351 - Drug and Substance Abuse
- 601 - Fiscal Objectives
- 602 - Budget Planning
- 603 - Budget Preparation
- 604 - Budget Adoption
- 605 - Tax Levy
- 606 - Tax Collection
- 607 - Tuition Income
- 608 - Bank Accounts
- 610 - Purchases Subject to Bid/Quotation
- 611 - Purchases Budgeted
- 612 - Purchases Not Budgeted
- 613 Cooperative Purchasing
- 614 - Payroll Authorization
- 615 - Payroll Deductions
- 616 - Payment of Claims
- 617 - Petty Cash
- 618 - Student Activity Funds
- 620 - Fund Balance
- Additional Committee Reports/Announcements
Committee Meeting Schedule
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit - Mr. Sears
The "...by Dawn's Early Light", highlights of the LIU Board Meeting of February 3 is provided.
- York County School of Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
The Mini-Board Report of the Joint Operating Committee of January 22 is provided.
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the end of each report.
There will be an Executive Session immediately following the meeting.