YORK SUBURBAN SCHOOL BOARD
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING / PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING
JULY 9, 2012 - 7:30 PM
RONALD PROVARD EDUCATION CENTER
A G E N D A
- Call to Order - Mr. DeHaas
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag - Mr. DeHaas
- Roll Call - Mr. Younkin
- Committee Reports
- Personnel Committee Report - Mrs. Shaffer
- Consent Agenda: You have before you the Personnel Report which includes employment and a resignation. Would any board member like any of these items considered separately or are there any questions on any of these items? If not, the chair moves approval of the below-mentioned items; second; roll call vote.
- Name: Michael J. Mountz
Education: West York Area High School, Diploma; York College of Pennsylvania, B.A. in Secondary Social Studies Education and a B.A. in History
Certification: Social Studies 7-12
Contract: Temporary Professional Contract
Salary: $48,250 – B.S. – Step 1
Assignment: Social Studies
Building: High School
Recommend the employment of Craig Deardorff as Assistant Junior High Football Coach at the salary of $2,501 which represents Step 1 of the Extracurricular Salary Schedule.
Recommend the employment of Brent Markel as Head 7th/8th Grade Football Coach at the salary of $2,711 which represents Step 1 of the Extracurricular Salary Schedule.
Recommend the employment of Mark Miller as a full-time substitute teacher for the 2012-2013 school year as a business education teacher at the high school for Angela Edel, at the salary of $48,250 (Step 1 of the Bachelor’s Degree Schedule).
Recommend the employment of Patricia Selegrath as a kidwriting/intervention aide at the Yorkshire Elementary School at the hourly rate of $10.50, effective at the beginning of the 2012-2013 school year.
Recommend Board approval of the resignation of Tyler Knaub as Assistant Junior High Football Coach and Assistant Junior High Wrestling Coach effective June 20, 2012.
- The next Personnel Committee meeting is scheduled August 2 at 2:00 PM.
- Facilities Committee Report - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- Guaranteed Energy Savings Project Discussion
Response to Board Questions
Proposal Evaluation Data
Project Supporting Measures Options
Payback in Ten Years or Less - by Category
- Five Year Capital Project Review
- Capital Projects Financing
- The next Facilities Committee meeting is scheduled July 25 at 5:30 PM.
- Board President's Report - Mr. DeHaas
- Board Committee Structure Evaluation
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Orban
- PSSA Update - Dr. Maloney
- Committee Reports continued
- Academic Standards and Curriculum Committee Report - Mrs. Clancy
- The next Curriculum Committee meeting is scheduled August 14 at 9:00 AM.
- Communications Committee Report - Mrs. Schroeder
- The next Communications Committee meeting is scheduled August 6 at 6:00 PM.
- Finance Committee Report - Mr. Miller
- The next Finance Committee meeting is scheduled August 1 at 5:30 PM.
- Legislative Policy Committee - Mrs. Clancy
- Selection of Voting Delegates for the PSBA Legislative Policy Council Meeting
- Policy Review Committee Report - Ms. Bates
- The minutes of June 18 are provided.
- New Policy Discussion
- Policy 706.1 - Disposal of Obsolete/Outdated Equipment
- The next Policy Review Committee meeting is scheduled August 14 at 10:15 AM.
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit Report - Mr. Sears
- York Adams Academy - Mr. DeHaas
- York Area Tax Bureau Report - Ms. Leopold-Sharp
- York County School of Technology - Mrs. Schroeder
- Business Office Report - Mr. Younkin
- Job Descriptions Revisions/Elimination
- Secretary to Director of Finance and Support Services
- Accounting Supervisor
- Coordinator of Transportation and Child Accounting
- State Budget 2012-13
- Comments and/or Questions from the Public
THERE WILL BE AN EXECUTIVE SESSION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE MEETING.