WELCOME TO THE YORK SUBURBAN MIDDLE SCHOOL GUIDANCE OFFICE !
The guidance office at the middle school has three basic purposes: to act as the liaison between the school and community, to work closely with the administration and faculty for individual student advancement, and to help each student be successful academically and personally.
Guidance services at York Suburban Middle School include:
- orientation for new students
- coordination of standardized testing
- counseling of students on a short-term basis
- facilitation of groups and classroom lessons
- scheduling of students
- consultation with parents and teachers regarding student needs and services
- facilitation of student evaluation and linking of services relative to student needs
- continuation of a cumulative record for each pupil
- withdrawal of students no longer in the district
Each student will be assigned to the same counselor for the entire middle school experience.
Students may request to see a counselor by scheduling an appointment in the guidance office.
Parents may request an appointment by calling the Guidance Office phone number listed below.
Mrs. Eary Coombs (6th grade) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Jason Showvaker (7th grade) email@example.com
Mrs. Lesli Goodhart (8th grade) firstname.lastname@example.org (Access Mrs. Goodhart's "Parent Page" at goo.gl/vKoGW)
Mrs. Judy Everett email@example.com
Guidance Phone: (717) 885-1262
Guidance Fax: (717) 885-1263
Mrs. Julia Hollinger